Business Analyst - Part Time / Contract1 positions available
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with key business stakeholders & team members
- Gains understanding of business strategies and business value of key initiatives.
- Assists with quantifying business benefit and Pre-project business solution design
- Represents IT functional area in cross-functional meetings and business partner meetings
- Develop common processes & standards
- Document user and functional requirements / use cases aligned with the requirements and scope defined in the Project’s Charter or Agile Story Document
- Conduct business process modeling and document As-IS and TO-BE models
- Responsible for discovering, gathering, documenting and vetting business and functional requirements for new projects. Perform research and writing tasks on basic and complex projects to create product or process requirements documents, functional specifications, manuals, web-based documents, and tutorials.
- Support testing, training and implementation of project including review of test plans and implementation plans.
- Participate in Incident Management, Root Cause Analysis and High-Risk reviews
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor''s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of business analysis experience in IT, Retail or FinTech
- Minimum 5 years developing Functional Specifications, Process Flows, Use Cases & other SDLC deliverables
- Minimum 3 years of experience conducting requirement analysis, solving business problems, assessing technical capabilities and documenting solutions
- Experience running SCRUM and Agile teams desired
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- PMP, Agile, Six Sigma, Change Management training and certification desired
- Experience supporting system implementation, process re-engineering is desired
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proactively plans for managing and mitigating project risks
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of consistently meeting goals and objectives
- Experience working with information technology vendors / suppliers
- Experience designing Business Analysis processes, developing templates and training users
- Able to communicate both functional and technical issues to a diverse audience
At HeitechSoft, we're more than just a software solutions company. We're a team of innovators and visionaries dedicated to bringing the best of technology to our ever-growing list of clients. As we continue to expand, we're on the hunt for a dynamic Business Analyst to join our ranks and support our internal teams and our clients projects.
Over the course of each project, you will gather and analyze information, formulate, and test hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations. You'll also present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. In some cases, you will be asked to travel to our client site within KW and GTA area.
Position: Business Analyst (Contract, Part-Time)
Location: Hybrid - Kitchener/Waterloo area
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Hybrid work
- Virtual meetings
The is a part time contract position with the possibility of turning into full-time.